Episcopal Relief and Development (ERD):
- The international relief and development agency of the Episcopal Church of the United States
- An independent 501(c)3 organization
- Saves lives and builds hope in communities around the world
- Provides emergency assistance in times of crisis
- Rebuilds after disasters
- Enables people to climb out of poverty by offering long-term solutions in the areas of food security and health care, including HIV/AIDS and malaria
Saint Barnabas has supported this program since its inception over 50 years ago as The Presiding Bishop’s Fund for World Relief.
In addition to their immediate (and long term) response to major disasters worldwide, ERD provides emergency assistance to victims of local and regional disasters such as floods, fires, tornados and hurricanes.
Lesser known are their on-going activities worldwide. ERD has established the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals to address the enormous worldwide needs. Their decades-long activities addressing primary health, food security, hunger, HIV/AIDS, malaria and other persistent problems have saved millions of lives, and improved the quality of life for tens of millions of people throughout the world. For more information, http://www.er-d.org/